So it’s been a while. Remember what I said about the theme of 2014?
20Twenty-1One-4Four: The Year of More
Well, we *definitely* did that… and since I shared none of it here, let me just include a brief year in review so that we can jump, jump, jump ahead!
Healthy Schmealthy Stuff
Walking, yoga, so many park strolls with my slave-driver, Fitbit. Suffice it to say, it was a good year of crunchy granola Portland goodness and awesome little yoga studios on Stark & 28th Avenue!
Big Girl Job Stuff [aka, Work]
Well, they say that opportunity comes knocking when you are least expecting it… and it certainly does! After a crazy busy 2013 and a decision to settle into a more calm 2014 professionally, I ended up accepting a new position as Development Director for Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest! They really couldn’t be a better organization, so I am thrilled to be helping them to realize their potential!
New Journeys, New Streets, New Doors
Did we do stuff in 2014?? I’m sure we did… it’s kinda a blur… here’s a recap of some highlights:
- Favorite Coffee Shop – See See Motorcycles! Stumptown for me, bikes and gear for the hubby… does it get any better? Oh yes, it does, they have sausage breakfast sandwiches!!
- Favorite Urban Getaway – Lan Su Chinese Gardens! Tucked away behind four walls in Portland’s somewhat dingy Chinatown, Lan Su is an urban escape of beautiful proportions.
- Favorite Actual Getaway – Haceta Head Lighthouse Bed & Breakfast! The closest you can get to staying in an actual lighthouse on the west coast… the views of the iconic light through your bedroom window is haunting and unforgettable!
- Favorite New Restaurant – Trifecta Tavern & Bakery! From the glutteny-goodness of Ken Forkish, Trifecta is equal parts bread, smokey cocktails, and seasonal small plates. Disclaimer: the hubby happens to work there, so you know, we’re regulars!
- Favorite Hidden Gem – C.C. Stern Type Foundry! This little industrial hideaway is a step back in time with first-hand knowledge of an incredible profession. Smelling of lingering metal and quality paper, this is a perfect way to spend a rainy afternoon.
- Favorite Portland Pastime – Rose City Rollers! These ladies are about as badass as they come, with such creative names that my marketing director in me wants to steal all the idea.
No matter how quickly this year flew by, Portland was, as it always is, a pleasure to enjoy! Don’t go so fast Portland, let’s stop to enjoy the flowers soon, hey?
And Did We Mention…
2014 brought big news in the form of a very small beginning:
Thus, ever in pursuit of that balance that we all talk about, we can’t really hope for anything more wonderful in 2015 other than health, happiness, and so much time with our newest little family member. Thus, this New Year, with all of its new changes and chaos, will be aptly named:
20Twenty-1One-5Five: Stayin’ Alive, Stayin’ Alive!
Oh, and once again, I really would love to blog some more.
And on that note, I will end with something of a new mantra for myself…
In the Words of the young Erin Hanson:
| what if i fall? | oh, but darling, | what if you fly? |